Optional Subjects for CSS Pakistan

Posted on June 25, 2008 |
Filed Under CSS Advisory, CSS FAQs, CSS Pakistan | 86 Comments

The minimum standard of optional subjects will be that of an honour degree of a university in Pakistan. The candidates are required to select optional subjects carrying a total of 600 marks, but not more than 200 marks from one group. The grouping of optional subjects is as under:

Group-I

(Subjects carrying not more than 200 marks can be opted.

Note: Business Administration cannot be opted in combination with Public Administration)

Accounting and Auditing             200 marks

Economics                                   200 marks

Business Administration             100 marks

Public Administration                 100 marks

Group-II

(Subject/s carrying not more than 200 marks can be opted)

Political Science                          200 marks

Agriculture                                  100 marks

Forestry                                      100 marks

Sociology                                   100 marks

Journalism                                 100 marks

Group-III

(Subject/s carrying not more than 200 marks can be opted)

Pure Mathematics                       200 marks

Applied Mathematics                   200 marks

Computer Science                        100 marks

Statistics                                      100 marks

Group-IV

(Only one subject can be opted)

Physics                                         200 marks

Geology                                        200 marks

Geography                                    200 marks

Chemistry                                    200 marks

Botany                                          200 marks

Zoology                                        200 marks

Group-V

(Only one subject can be opted)

Islamic History & Culture              200 marks

History of India & Pakistan           200 marks

British History                              200 marks

European History                          200 marks

History of USA                             100 marks

Group-VI

(Subject/s carrying not more than 200 marks can be opted)

Law                                              200 marks

Constitutional Law                       100 marks

Mercantile Law                             100 marks

Muslim Law & Jurisprudence        100 marks

International Law                         100 marks

International Relations                100 marks

Group-VII

(Only one subject can be opted)

Philosophy                                  200 marks

Psychology                                 200 marks

Group-VIII

(Only one regional language can be opted)

Sindhi                                         100 marks

Pushto                                        100 marks

Punjabi                                       100 marks

Balochi                                       100 marks

Group-IX

(Only one subject can be opted)

English Literature                       200 marks

Urdu                                           200 marks

Persian                                       200 marks

Arabic                                        200 marks

Comments

86 Responses to “Optional Subjects for CSS Pakistan”

1. sadaf awan on September 17th, 2008 10:34 am

sir,
    cna i selected accounting , economics, mercantile law n statistics as optional subjects.

2. Misbah Iqbal on September 27th, 2008 12:59 pm

Sir,I dont want to comment but i want to ask that the same information can be useful for me if i am going for the exams of PMS. Please let me know.Allah hafiz

3. sheba on November 27th, 2008 12:34 pm

i choz Psychology, sociology n Economic…how abt it??? i did my MSc in App. Psychology…im lil confuz wether to appear in CSS or not..everybody says no one can make it!! n yeah i came to know next CSS exam will b held in 14th march..iz dat true???

4. umar farooq on November 30th, 2008 11:58 pm

i have only started the css preps. i am an MBA and m short of 200 marks.i am confused in whether to go for political science or sociology and muslim law/may be pushto. though non of the subject is problem but as i have mentioned i have very short time,so how can i cover these 200 marks,which subject of the above should be taken as all the subjects r yet to be studied in these three months?

5. sayed on February 18th, 2009 2:49 pm

salam
    please tell me the name of book for chemistry

6. muhammad adil on March 12th, 2009 12:03 pm

sir,
    i want admission in css so plz you infrom me admission date.B/c i live in karachi i want admid in karachi center
    thanking you

7. muhammad adil on March 12th, 2009 12:03 pm

sir,
    i want admission in css so plz you inform me admission date.B/c i live in karachi i want admid in karachi center
    thanking you

8. Muhammad Ahmad on March 28th, 2009 2:11 pm

I m from Faisalabad.
    please let me know can i have economics,auditing,mercantile law,and accounting as optional subjects?
    Moreover please send me the detail of exams alongwith registration fee.
    waiting for prompt response from your side.

9. Zohaib on April 1st, 2009 2:38 pm

hello sir,
    I m from karachi and i have recently completed my B.com examination and i intend to start the preparation of CSS exams my age is 22 i want the guide linee where to start and how to start i want some individual guidance for one full year if u can help me please please let me know if u can teach me the courses or advise me to whom i can seek individual classes for the css thanks.

10. muhammad farooq on April 30th, 2009 9:57 pm

hi i m an engineeting student and INSHAHALLAH, I wiil appear in css exams soon

11. Abdul Jabbar Memon on June 1st, 2009 9:54 am

sir Iam Abdul Jabbar Memon and gradute in microbiology i want to ask can I select microbiology as my optional subject instead of selecting botany and zoology please help me out of this confusion

12. Dr Farrukh Malik on June 2nd, 2009 2:30 am

Dear Abdul Jabbar,

As far as I know, in CSS microbiology is not included as an optional subject, therefore, you can not take it as one. Instead, from life science Botany and Zoology are included. If you have any other query, you are encouraged to join The CEP Forum at the URL below:

13. imran ali khan on June 23rd, 2009 10:33 am

salam, here is imran from lahore i have recently completed my b-com now i want to come in css. can i choose economics, statisticts and indo-pak history if yes then please tel me books for preraation of above stated subjects

14. anwaar on July 17th, 2009 12:16 pm

sir i have completed my MBA recently in Finance i have short 200 marks could u plz help me to choosing the right subject i have choose economics and state , computer sciences.

15. rehan on September 9th, 2009 11:32 am

i did my MBA kindly guide me for subject selection

16. Dr Farrukh Malik on September 10th, 2009 8:29 pm

Dear Rehan,

I recommend you to Join our Forum at the link below:

17. farwa on September 23rd, 2009 2:19 pm

salam,sir i want 2 start my css right now.can i apply 4 css right now?i have done M.S.Ed in physics n math.plz refer me optional subject.

18. Dr Farrukh Malik on September 27th, 2009 10:37 pm

Dear Farwa,

I recommend you to Join our Forum at the link below:

19. samreen on October 7th, 2009 11:26 am

sir.
    i intersted in css.kindly help me

20. irqan on October 7th, 2009 9:06 pm

aoa.sir i m little bit confuse about my optional subjects.can u help me.

21. Rameez Meghani on October 10th, 2009 9:16 am

Im successfully passed intermediate pre engineering and i want to doing CSS but i have no Idea So please sir guide me

22. Abdul Jabbar Hasni on October 13th, 2009 10:24 am

i have passed my graguate in commerce in 2006 plz advice me for opt subject

23. Asif Iqbal on December 12th, 2009 6:29 pm

Salm
    I have opption paper of pushto in css.
    If you have solved portion of previos paper
    plz send me for preparation .
    I will be thankful to u.

24. preal chandio on December 21st, 2009 7:57 pm

hello sir! Iam a student of f.sc and I really want to do css plz guide me. here a institute is opened for css preparation and I really want to join it. Is it a right decision or not? its only for two months!or I should concentrate on my f.sc studies plz help me!

25. QAISAR FAROOQ on January 29th, 2010 9:46 pm

salam!
    i HAVE PASSED B.A EXAMINATION SINCE IN LAST YEAR SO I WANT TO MAKE PREPARATION FOR CSS EXAM,HOW CAN I TAKE OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR CSS EXAM PLEASE GUIDE ME,THEREFORE,I SHALL BE EVER REMAIN THANK FULL TO YOU.

26. Tarique Ikram on February 13th, 2010 8:12 am

sir, I have done masters in M.sc(Botany)and MBA(HRM.I shall remain grateful to you if u helf me in subject selection for CSS. Waiting for prompt reply

27. Zeb-un-nisa on March 15th, 2010 1:05 pm

Dear sir,
    I atampt this year my M.A(Economics) Examination and now i have great desire to attend CSS examination, but i have no any idea about this side so, therefore i requested you kindly give better suggestion in this side.
    I am very thankful and appreciated you, yours this act of kindness.
    I am waiting for your reply,Please kindly reply me as early as possible.

28. bebo on April 13th, 2010 8:18 pm

plz tell me kia ye zaruri he k hum har group se optional sbject choose karain ya bs total 600 maks walay sbjects lene hotay hn ??????????

29. Malik Adnan on April 14th, 2010 2:33 pm

Hello.

I m a student of University of peshawar, polticale science dept.I have a dream to become a part of Pakistani civil service.kindly guide about the CSS exammination.
    Thanking u in anticipation.

Best regards.
    Malik Adnan.

30. sameena naz on April 20th, 2010 1:47 pm

hello sir my name is sameena and im waiting for the result of b.com and i want appear in css.but its very diffocult because i have short time for preperation but im doing and also join eng language center to improve my language.im very confused in optional subjects.please tell me which subject i take.

31. junaid on May 16th, 2010 5:07 pm

sir i m junaid i want to appear in css but i become confuse in subject and how i can prepare for the css

32. Muhammad Juman Memon on June 16th, 2010 8:18 am

Sir recently I have cleared M.A English . I want to appear for CSS. Please guide me for css exam; How many subjects will be opt from compulsory and optional. I shall remain very thankful in this regard.With Best Wishes.

33. haya on July 1st, 2010 10:59 pm

salam
    plz i want to prepare my self for css exam but i need a clear guide line hope u people help me i have done mister in chemistry
    thankful

34. Amber riaz on July 21st, 2010 11:45 am

helo.i want to give CSS Exam plz kindly guide me.and gave all information about CSS.just like about subjects,Duration ETC.

35. jahanzaib abbasi on August 6th, 2010 6:02 pm

i done B.A.in css what’s optional subjects
    plzzzz tell me………

36. Dr Farrukh Malik on August 8th, 2010 1:30 pm

Please visit the following Website for Advice and Assistance regarding CSS. The Forum named THE CEP FORUM is our sister site specifically dealing the Preparation material for Central Superior Service. I hope you will find much need assistance from Qualifiers and Aspirants once there. I hope it helps. The URL for The CEP Forum is as under:

Please feel free to put forward any query regarding CSS there, I wish you all the best!

37. NOSHEEN ADNAN on August 14th, 2010 1:02 am

sir,i have selected journalism,public administration,indo pak history,computer science and psychology as my optional subjects please tel me books for preparation of above stated subjects.thanks for ur copration.

38. BILAL AHMAD on August 22nd, 2010 4:57 pm

respected sir can u plz tell me what sort of material i should read in the newspaperz???Actually i m not intersted in reading the newspapers so plz guide me properly what should i do to develop this habit n what should i read there????Do reply Plz

39. muskan on August 26th, 2010 3:51 pm

ASSAL O ALIKUM SIR,AM VERY CONFUSED ABOUT OPTIONAL SUBJECTS.COMPULSORY SUBJECT IS OF 6OO MARKS AND WE HAVE TO CHOOSE OPTIONAL SUB FOR MORE 600 MARKS BUT HERE IS SO MANY GROUPS IF WE CHOOSE FROM EVERY GROUP THEN IT WILL BE MORE THAN 600.PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY DID NOT UNDERSTAND.

40. zantasha adrees on September 12th, 2010 1:57 pm

i recently complete mcom and msc economics countinue now i want give the css exame plz tell me full details of css i am very thank ful to u

41. SAMIULLAH on October 13th, 2010 10:36 pm

AADAAB

MOHTARAM YE PUCHNA TA JESA K BAHI NE UPER POCHA HAIN K AGAR HAM LOG MAZAMEEN KI HAR JAMAAT ME SE MAZAMEEN CHUNENGE TO MAJMOOHA 600 SE OPER CHALA JAEGA. AUR BAHI JAN YE BE PUCHNA TA K MAIN NE AGAR BSC YA BA KYA HO TO MAZAMEEN K CHUNAAO PAR KOI QAID TO NAHI. MATLAB YE K HUM AZADI K SAT CHUNOTI KAR SAKTE HAIN YA MAKHSOOS PAPANDIYA HAI… AP K JAWABI KHAT KA MUNTAZIR
    SAMIULLAH

42. umbreen tanweer on October 30th, 2010 11:33 am

thnx for reply sir par yahan to sawal he kuch ajeb hai kiun k jab tak hamein ye na samjh ae k hamein subject chooz kon se karnay chaye tab tak to kuch clear nae ho ga k akhir optional subject chooz karain kese upar se ye group number akhir ye scene kia hai bht confusing hai ye sab 4 biggners plzzzzzzzzzz mje help karain subject chooz karne mein

43. tahira batool on November 1st, 2010 2:29 pm

hi,i am waiting for M.A part 1 result.want to start css. what can i do for this plz help me about it.thanks

44. Faizan Muhammad Jat on November 25th, 2010 11:08 am

Dear Sir ,
    Assalam-u-alaikum; this is faizan from Badin Sindh pk.I often visit your site and blogs. You are doing a great job in providing a platform for students, who aim to join civil services. Also your blogging capability and intrest in it, is an edge as a css exam qualified person.Wish you best of luck in future.Remember me in prayers too.Allah Hafiz

45. mzmil on November 27th, 2010 11:28 am

sir, kindly tell me…which subject will be suitable for me…i have my Bsc.(math pure,math applied,statistics)…could i chose group#3 for my opptional subject…plz help me

46. zafar ali on December 26th, 2010 4:26 pm

sir i m stdnt of bba,so after mba i want to appear an css,so at that time whch sub wl b under my study…..
    thnx

47. zafar bozdar on December 26th, 2010 7:46 pm

hi sir,i study in bba salu sindh,so wch sub wl b in my touch?nd also suggest me for css preparation

48. Muhammad Fasahatullah Baig on December 29th, 2010 9:15 pm

AOA,

To select the subjects for Css preparation is solely the matter of interest and relevance of subjects with each other,To be well prepared in short period of time these to elements as mentioned above are worth importnat.

In reponse to the question regarding optional subject selection from the groups, you only have to fulfill a total score of 600 and you don’nt have to select the subjects having more than 200 marks in each group. That means that it is not necessary to select or opt subject from each group.

49. shahidfarooq on January 24th, 2011 6:26 pm

sir, kindly tell me…which subject will be suitable for me…i have M.com(B.com,D.com. Sir,tell me Suitable opptional subject…plz help me.

50. Mirza taimoor baig on January 25th, 2011 2:07 pm

Aslam u alikum sir can i select economics and business administration from one group an remaning one subject of 200 from anoter group may be stats or may i select one subject of 200 from each group to make 600 marks

51. khadija qamar on February 16th, 2011 1:23 pm

salam. sir i recently passed my graduation.i start MA ECONOMICS and also wants to apear for css. i have no idea about it special for optional subjects.plzzzzzzzzz guaid me.i’ll be very thankful to you

52. nadia akram on February 17th, 2011 8:51 pm

a.o.a
    sir i have done masters in political science. now i want to appear in css exam . i want to know about upcoming css exams date. and please guide me in selection of optional subjects

53. Waqar Ahmad on April 9th, 2011 1:03 pm

Salam:
    I had done my BSC Computer Systems Engineering from NWFP University of Engineering & Technology Peshawar. I need help in choosing Optional subject for CSS. Applied Mathematics & Pure Mathematics. which will be most suit with me.

54. shahab ur rahman on May 9th, 2011 3:16 pm

sir, I have done masters in MA (mass communication).I shall remain grateful to you if u helf me in subject selection for CSS.

55. fatima on May 11th, 2011 12:06 pm

Asalam… i m a arts student i will give my exam in next month than i want 2 do css can u plz tell me what should i do for this i mean which subject is best 4 me . n ccs is posible 2 do after inter thank u sir plz snd info in my e.mail i.d

56. zia-ul-ain on May 19th, 2011 11:50 am

Asalam-o-aliakum,
    sir,
    I am the student of BS(IR).please suggest me the subjects which is suitable for me and also tell me about the preparation of CSS.

57. Khadijah Siddiq on May 31st, 2011 11:33 am

A.O.A
    I want to ask that which subjects r suitable for a doctor?
    I want to start the preperation of the css exam during mt gradution, what initial steps i should take?

58. danish ali on June 1st, 2011 1:30 pm

salam iam stduent of matric want to cleat css so what are the requirements please?
    kindly inform me about the subjects
    tahnk u all

59. Awais Ali on June 7th, 2011 9:18 am

sir i select the following subjects. economics, sociology, business administration, statistics and phychology.. . so that theses subjects is correct or not…..

60. Nasir on June 11th, 2011 9:36 am

kindly snd me da outluine of d asubjects like (punjabi,stats,indo pak,forestory,persion

61. surkhab afzal on June 13th, 2011 12:28 pm

sir,
    please,tell me can i select subject as optional as sociology,journalism,political science,internationl law,international relations,constitutional law.sir,please help me for this,i w’l be very thankfull to you.

62. haris on July 7th, 2011 9:32 pm

AOA sir
    I have done software engineering and want to appear in css exams with the following optional subjects. Can you please advise if it is a right selection of subjects or not?
    ComputerScience, Physics, International relations and islamic history&culture is it a good combination?

63. Rabbiya Tauqir on July 16th, 2011 4:17 pm

AOA…

kindly guide me related to CSS exam and give me in proper info about books etc of compulsory and optional both!!!
    tell me also its preparation procedure plz and which kind ov papers will be!!!
    thx

64. zainab rizvi on July 23rd, 2011 6:30 pm

sir i have recently completed my fsc. plzz guide me. is it necessary to have B.A degree to do CSS? I JUST NEED YOUR guidence .

65. Noman on August 4th, 2011 10:26 pm

Hello sir
    i am gonna to ask a strange question..its that..i dont know about the Css and his requird my cozn is going to take admission in css but she doesnt know the subjects what she select..plz tell me about it plz plz with all details..and 1 more am medical students of f.sc so does the medical students can apply 4 css?plz reply me plz

66. Talib Hussain on August 22nd, 2011 12:41 pm

I m from renala and i have recently completed my B.com examination and i intend to start the preparation of CSS exams my age is 21 i want the guide linee where to start and how to start i want some individual guidance for one full year if u can help me please please let me know if u can teach me the courses or advise me to whom i can seek individual classes for the css thanks.

67. Muhammad Usman on August 26th, 2011 11:16 pm

Sir i have recently completed my Bsc with double math and stat (2 year punjab university)
    And want to apear in css after msc
    Wich subjet is better for me in msc Stat or Math
    I got 72% marks in stat and 62% in math so sir kindly guide me i am very confused

68. zara on August 28th, 2011 11:38 am

hello
    sir i am mba(hrm)and keen intrest to take exams of css but have no idea about i live in faisalabad kindly guide me css exams and also tell the admission date

69. Saima Ayub on September 7th, 2011 7:18 pm

Aoa.
    i have done MBA Finance and and i am good in accounting, can anybody suggest me what would be the best combination of subjects for me. i guess i should mention that i cannot memorise dates n names of places. but i am good at concepts

70. faizan on September 21st, 2011 11:53 am

sir i am the position holder of mcom for bzu multan. i want to apply for css but there is a problem that i want to select group 1 for my optional subjects but i dont know the source from where i prepare myself for these subjects because in my city there is not any institute which prepare us for these subjects so i want ur help in this regard plz help me and now i am waiting for ur kind reply

71. noman ahmad yar on October 12th, 2011 12:08 am

sir i m a student of mba(final sem).sir i want to appear css exam.plz healp me to chosing those opt subject that preparation is easly….

72. SODI on October 15th, 2011 11:21 am

Hi SIR/mADAM,
    i hv cleared ma BSC exams 2011, sUbjects were PHYSICS,MATHS and COMPUTER. now i dont know that in which subjects i do ma mASTERS coz ma aim is CSS…. NOw thE pROblEM iS thAT i DONT kNOw thAT WHICH optional subjects i hv to slect now in masters ………….. plz help me

73. arfan maqsood on October 24th, 2011 11:05 pm

sir i have completed my Bsc(hons) in agriculture with food technology major now i want to appear in css exame so i m totaly confused about my optional subjest please help me about optional subject selection

74. arfan maqsood on October 24th, 2011 11:10 pm

please send me the detail of exams alongwith registration fee.
    waiting for prompt response from your side.

75. Ahmed Baloch on November 14th, 2011 5:43 pm

sir ji,
    i,ve given my b.sc exam, but result is not announce yet. my subjects are “zoology, geography and chemistry. sir ji i m confused to opt my subjects. u have so ideas so please help or guide me for my optional subjects… thankful to u…

76. iffat zahra on November 21st, 2011 12:41 pm

aoa ;i m little bit confused about choosing the optional subjects.i cannot understand that how am i select my subjects that would be fullfil the criteria of marks.because i m too much interested in civil services.kindly help me that i can attempt my exams.thank you………….

77. mumtaz hussain on November 21st, 2011 10:25 pm

AOA sir how r u? i m mumtaz 4m baltistan n im a student of [bs] pol. science.iwant to appear in css exam.please help me about d selection of optional subjects. i wil b thankful to u 4 this kindness.

78. waheed akram on December 4th, 2011 1:04 am

A.O.A DEAR I WANT TO DISCUSS ABOUT MY OPTIONAL SUBJECT I HAVE DONE MY GRADUATION (BCOM)AND AFTER THIS MSC OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT WHICH IS NOT RELATED WITH COMMERCE. SO I AM VERY CONFUSE ABOUT THIS AND I HAVE ONLY THREE ATTEMPT DUE TO AGE FACTOR. I WILL APPEAR IN NEXT YEAR EXAM. BUT I AM CONFUSE ABOUT SELECTION OF OPTIONAL SUBJECT. SO, KINDLY SUGGEST ME OPTIONAL SUBJECT. I AM VERY THANKFUL TO YOU

79. misswiss on December 13th, 2011 9:31 am

i want to ask you cmy subject selection in css business administration,journalism,marcantile law,muslim law,islamic histroy as an optional in css.

80. Muhammad Farooq Khalil on December 21st, 2011 11:08 am

AOA,
    D/Sir
    hoping u will b ok i did my bachelor in biological sciences(botany, chemistry, zoology) now i m giving the CSS examination. kindly give me what subjects i can take as optional subjects

81. Muhammad Ijaz siddiqi on January 7th, 2012 1:11 pm

dear sir
    i m Muhammad ijaz siddiqi
    i have done biomedical engineering
    i want to choose optional subject
    i have a list of subject from where i can choose
    plz help me in this way whose subjects are scoring
    Pure Mathematics
    Physics
    Chemistry
    Applied Mathematics
    Indo Pak History

82. sumaira on January 24th, 2012 1:32 pm

I have passed examination humanities group in year 2007 so i want to make preparation for M.A exam how can i tack optional subject M.A exam please guide me . there for ,i shall be ever remain thankfull to you.

83. sajid balouch on March 5th, 2012 12:13 pm

hello sir,

I am student of b.b.a and i want to prepare for css exams.
    so kindly guide me how i get start and what is best key of success.

84. sufianshahbaz on March 26th, 2012 9:07 pm

i am ready to appear in css examination next year. I have chose my optional subject.what i have liked to chose.but i tell u 1 thing. INSHALLAH i would pass the examination in 2013.

85. Ateequllah on March 27th, 2012 2:53 pm

dear sir,
    i m preparing my self for the css and my optional
    subjects are islamic history and culure, political science and sociology so kindly could you tell me to
    the point books of these subjects.
    i will be thankfull to you

86. faisal sajjad on March 31st, 2012 12:59 pm

there are so much cofusions about criteria of css as i have no expoisure previously to some subjects then how can i become able to chose a combination of different subects comprised of 600 marks