How to choose optional subjects for CSS Pakistan

Posted on June 25, 2008 |
Filed Under CSS Advisory, CSS FAQs, CSS Pakistan | 29 Comments

Selection of optional subjects is a bit tricky job that’s why lots of aspirants get confused but I would like you to get relaxed and make this important decision with few things in your mind.

First thing that you must consider is your aptitude for the subject in question. You might find one subject scoring but if you do not have aptitude for that subject, you will never be able to earn good marks. The next thing that you should consider is your interest. In my view interest is the primary thing that can help you sail smoothly while preparing and appearing in actual examination. Once you have these things in your mind, you are ready to go for selection of subjects. Now, you need to get hold of the complete list of optional subjects, next, jot down those subjects that you find interesting and you have aptitude for and lastly, have a look at the past papers of the subjects of you noted down, if you find it easy to deal the questions in past papers, choose that subject and start preparing.

Comments

29 Responses to “How to choose optional subjects for CSS Pakistan”

1. Misbah Iqbal on September 27th, 2008 12:55 pm

Really , its a great task which u r performing. May Allah bless u and help u more n more in helping others. allah hafiz

2. Dr.Sadia Haider on October 27th, 2008 12:12 am

it,s nice but still i,ve heard that subjects like constitutional law is low scoring,some are even harder to prepare like chemistry until and unless you are master in them you should,nt try to take them?

3. Zaheer Ahmed Bhutto on November 9th, 2008 1:22 pm

Iam pleased to see this all from your site.
    This is what we all need means co-operation that you are providing toward bigners how to take decision.My blessings and good wishes are with you keep this activity continue insha Allah your purposes will be full filled.

4. shamshad on November 9th, 2008 6:44 pm

i am new

5. Dr Farrukh Malik on November 17th, 2008 7:21 pm

@ Zaheer Ahmed Bhutto:

Thank you so very much Zaheer Ahmed Bhutto Sahab.

6. junaid on December 4th, 2008 5:32 pm

Sir,
    I did BS in engineering and I am interested in CSS exams,kindly I neend some sincere guidline for starting up prepration and some tips.I am also doing job.
    junaid

7. nazia kiani on May 17th, 2009 12:30 pm

i have done mba (finance) i m interested in css exams plz guid me how i can get good marks by studing what kind of books.

8. fasih on May 25th, 2009 10:48 pm

please tell me that is journalism is good subject to take in css

9. Bilal on May 26th, 2009 11:40 am

how can i choose my optional subjects for css exams to score high marks?

10. Dr Farrukh Malik on May 28th, 2009 11:35 pm

Dear Bilal,

Please visit my FAQ section for the required details.

11. mariam on July 7th, 2009 12:15 pm

i wants the past papers of stats ,american history,philosophy.kindl inform me

12. bushra on October 28th, 2010 2:47 pm

please tell me computer sciences is good subject for css or not?

13. umbreen tanweer on November 20th, 2010 6:42 pm

sir can u plz tell which subects r scoring ?

14. umbreen tanweer on November 23rd, 2010 9:40 pm

sir plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz its do reply me as soon as posiible plzzzz

15. fatima on December 3rd, 2010 10:54 am

sir,
    i have cleared my 2nd year exam(Fsc).and i really want to pass CSS exam in the future.inshallah.so can you please guide me what subjects should i choose in bachelors so that they are helpful later on.?(im interested in economics,stats and geography)and what else must i do to pass the exam,starting from now.i have little information about CSS,all i know is that i want to do it.so can you please give me a brief guidance(from square one).i will be pleased.thnku

16. naina on December 6th, 2010 12:29 pm

i m unable to understand how can i chosse the oppitional subjects of css

17. hina on December 30th, 2010 5:56 pm

we select one subject from one group then we count all subjects is eight(optional) then we prepare eight subjects for css or six i cant understand that and no one guides me

18. Aisha Malik on January 7th, 2011 12:02 pm

i,ve done my mba & i wanna do css plz help me how to choose subjects

19. sehar khan on May 5th, 2011 12:24 am

sir i have passed LLB EXAM and also completed my master recently in pakistan.studies and i appeared with subjects const.law,indopak history,pushto,political science in css 2009 and passed all subject optional but fail with two marks only english essay and most of people now says that not only prepare ur self for english but also change the subject for good score so sir i change optional subject or not kindly suggest for me

20. Dlawar on May 10th, 2011 1:36 pm

Can I select these subject
    1 Accounting and auditing 2 economics 3 business administration 4 computer science

21. ZAMIN ALI on May 21st, 2011 4:45 pm

I WANT TO START PREPARATION FOR THE CSS EXAM IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION OR POLICE DEPARTMEN WHAT SHOULD BE THE OPTIONAL SUBJECT SUBJECT?

22. Attiya Ali on August 24th, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi>..sir plz kindly help me choose a appropriate subject for my BA which wd b helpful for css exams…waiting for ur reply…

23. namra on September 27th, 2011 5:58 pm

i wnt to know the whole procedure of css can u help me

24. adil nazir on October 2nd, 2011 9:07 pm

sir i want to pass css

25. irtaza on October 12th, 2011 10:35 am

Dear Sir.
    its really good knowledge which u r trying to share with people who are interested in CSS exams. its also very beneficial for the new comers who want to do CSS … just like me.. i need your more suggestions and waiting from your side… thanks .. stay blessed and FIIMANALLAH ….

26. bakht azam on October 26th, 2011 10:57 am

sir
    i done MS(SE) and now i want to pass CSS exm sir can u guide me for choosing optional subjects?

BAKHT AZAM
    SOFTWARE ENG
    ENGINNERJK

27. Tariq Ali Khosa on November 18th, 2011 4:41 pm

Dear Sir,
    I want to appear in the CSS exam, because i have fully information and totally concept clear of compulsory subject but confusion is that which optional subject remain best for pass the subject exam.

28. mehraj on February 22nd, 2012 2:56 am

RESPECTED SIR.
    SIR CAN YOU TELL ME THAT WHICH SUBJECTS ARE SCORING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    BUT sir my confusion is that i don’t know that which subjects are suitble for CSS can you help me?????????

29. youmusmurad on February 26th, 2013 3:27 pm

this is younusmurad from international islamic university islamabad.recently i got addmission n bs sociology.now my first semester is going on and i want u to give suggestion about css.i mean to say that what should be my activities today that will help me n css