Prepare for CSS Pakistan with Dr.Farrikh-9

Posted on April 23, 2008 |
Filed Under CSS Advisory, CSS Pakistan | 60 Comments

AOA to everyone

U ppl are really doing commendable job.. DR FARUKHH MALIK I want to have some guideline from u ppl.I have done ma DAE in mechanical..now i m preparing for me BA exams..meanwhile i want to know that how many subjects are required for apperance in CSS exam??I have no idea abt CSS at all..I want to set or prepare ma mind that what are the requirements…plz plz plz i reallly want to CSS i m from mianwali…i can come to islamabad for preparation but i want sincere ppl guideline…cuz i m running our of time i really want not to jst appear in exams but also want to clear it….i want to 9 when i have to submit ma application for exam????I want to 9 complete stater guideline..
Regards…
will wait for reply

Wajahat

Dear Wajahat,

My sincerest advice to you is that you should prepare for B.A. because in case of CSS all the papers are of B.A. and once you have done B.A. to its heart, you will definitely clear it. Apart from this I am impressed to know that you no only want to know about CSS so first of all you must have a look at the examination rules and syllabus for that click here. Once you read them, the next step is identification of the optional subjects. In the rules file you will find the list of subject and you can choose from amongst them. About how many subjects thing so I want to inform you that there are 6 compulsory subjects for 600 marks and one has to select optional subjects in a way that it should make 600 marks. I hope this helps. Do let Silence know when you want to know anything else.

salaamz
i am weak in english essey can anybody help me plzzz

Dr. Zam Zam

Dear Dr. Zam Zam,

The best thing to solve an issue is to realize that it is an issue. Sine you have identified that you hare weak in English Essay you have identified the issue and you are ready to make yourself strong. Dear, for an Essay be it English or any other language, knowledge about the issue in question is required. Say for instance you are asked to write an Essay on Global Warming until and unless you don’t know about Global Warming, how you can be able to write? So it is important to have information and for that matter with reference to CSS examination, Daily Dawn can play a very important. Make a habit of reading it everyday. Once you have this thing you are ready to go for other important things, in my view if someone want to improve written skills, he/she ought to write so in your case I would suggest you to start writing at least one page a day. It will help you improve your written skills and expression. I wish you all the best!

hi
how r u Dr Farrukh Malik?.sir i want to do preparation for CSS.i have done master’s in educational research and assessment.so i need some guidence about the choice of subjects in CSS examination & also want to know about institute for preparation which is best.i also have problem in spoken english which must be better.so is officers academy fullfil this need too i recently visit there. i like Mr Hammad guidence please guide me.
thanking you

Mishael

Dear Mishael,

Officer academy is good and they are expert in getting someone prepared for the CSS examination. In case of English they can help you a good deal but if you ask me, I would say you will need some extra effort to grab it completely. About Subject, I would say go ahead and have a look at the list, jot down the subjects of your interest and once done with it, have a look at the past papers and then decide. This is how I did choose my subject. Good Luck!

Hi guys, i have just started my prepration for CSS and i would be looking farward to get some help from all u guys. would you plz give me some suggestions about the prepration. i am well aware of syllabus but what is confusing me is where to start. I have taken a big step of starting my studies anyway but from ur experience would it be good idea to study all subjects or start from optional first. i know its wiered to ask such question but seriously am just stuck and cant decide. plz share ur experiences. i live in ireland and started prepration for CSS. wld u plz let me know what books should i buy for the prep. of Islamic history and culture. am electrical engineer and working in ireland. wld be greatful if u can help. waiting for ur reply.

regrads

Saagar

Dear Saagar

In your case you need to think critically and plan accordingly. All subjects are important. In my case I had divided the days of week among subjects and had given two days to each subject. Similarly I had estimated the time required to complete the course of total subjects and had divided the topics to study each day. In my view setting target and trying to achieve is the best thing that you can do. About where to start, in my view starting with developing a habit of writing and reading newspaper daily can be a good idea else you are your master and only you can tailor your routine in a way that best suits you. For Islamic History and Culture, “Study of Islamic History” by “K.Ali” is a good one from point of view of CSS examination.

sir,
my D.O.B is 11-11-1981 and i want to be a CSP officer.for this reason i want to appear next year.when exmas will be held next year?may i choose indo pak hostory with islamic history?

Nadia

Dear Nadia,

It is expected that exams will be held next year sometime in March 2009. About the second part of your question, no you can not take both these subjects together.

Dear Sir/Madam
I need to prepare myself for the SPSC Exam. My field of interest is Sindh Police Please advise me what to do in regard to the above mentioned.
Best Regards
Rehman

Dear Rehman,

I am glad that you want to join the government service. When it comes to Sindh Police as for as my knowledge is concerned they have not yet announced any commission examination for that. Apart from this, recently the post of Section Officers and DDO revenue has been announced by SPSC and the last that for filling the form was April 10, 2008. I wonder if you have applied. The other option for you is CSS where you can join Police Services of Pakistan. In my point of view if you are in the required age group and you have done B.A why not try CSS? It is not all that difficult as portrayed and I can guide you through. So I wish if you can decide about it and then it will be a pleasure to assist you. Good luck!

For further details regarding CSS advisory services for preparation click here and send your queries to css[dot]coaching[at]gmail[dot]com

If you are interested in reading more about useful tips to achieve success in entry examination for Central Superior Services of Pakistan consider subscribing to Silence feed via email or reader.

Comments

60 Responses to “Prepare for CSS Pakistan with Dr.Farrikh-9”

1. anab on April 23rd, 2008 6:44 pm

thanks alot for responding to my question. i am having problem in the paper of english precis and composition.i never have seen or heard these words in my life.i wonder if they are really english language words.the reason might be my weak vocabulary.how can i improve it.i do read english newspapers and magzines daily but i think i need much more improvment.one last question when i write an essay how can i know how good it is and what are the mistakes(except the spelling mistakes).

2. REHAN on April 23rd, 2008 6:58 pm

Hello sir how are u sir I m also aspirant for css therefore I m looking for any source which may solve my mounting problem which I m facing in my css preparation. Sir my problem is that where should I move to get notes of all compulsory papers and optional subjects particularly, Islamic history ,and constitutional law . In this connection I have been told to contact KIPS Academy in Lahore. Is it good academy for providing notes? Or will u suggest me to an other source wherefrom I can get solution of my problem.
    Sir one this I would like to share that I have availed my one chance.i was also appearing in 2008 but unfortunately I was injured with a collusion of Car therefore I had to hospitalized. Anyway sir please help me in this regards.
    Thanks

3. nadia on April 23rd, 2008 10:54 pm

my D.o.b is 11-11-1981. may i appear for css in 2010

4. noor on April 26th, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi Dr. Sb,

This is to congratulate you. keep in touch with us ppl and dont forget to watch my name in allocation’s list next year InshAllah.

Warm regards,

Noor

5. Aijaz Ali Soomro on April 30th, 2008 10:56 am

Salam! dear hope you are fine.
    In our routine “kachahri” some one posed a question that why do India and Pakistan celebrate Independence day on two different days? since both got independence at the same time. Please answer this question with a brief explanation. Thanks

6. zara on May 3rd, 2008 9:10 pm

AOA
    sir i m zara.i want some guidence about css and pms.sir if once we submitted form 4 css and pms.and the subjects which we opted in form now we want 2 chang an optional paper what should we do.actualy i submitted my form 4 pms and the sub which i marked in form are pol science,law,USA history,and public adm.now i want 2 change pub adm and usa history and i want 2 change these subjects 4 indo pak history.what shoul i do 4 it.plz sir help me.i apeard in css 2008 exam usa history paper was so easy but pub adm was so difficult and confusing.sir plz reply me im so tens about it i wil wait 4 ur kind suggestion

7. Zakir Rasheed on June 5th, 2008 8:18 pm

Dear Sir, My qualification is MA (IR) and am serving in a Government Department since 1996 as Junior Clkerk but i am not satisfied from my this position as no one is?
    being serving there, is it possible to prepare myself the the SCC or Public Service Commission (Balochistan) or not?
    and some one advised me about KIPS.. i would like to ask about KIPS either i am able to get admission in the said instituion or not? and here in Quetta i have no guide line for the same and i also need a guideline in this regard. so please i you help me for the solution of above mentioned probelms.
    Thank you.

8. Junaid on June 14th, 2008 1:01 pm

sir my name is junaid i have completed my MBA IT,PLZ SUGEST a academy for me for CSS prepation in RAWALPIND/ISLAMABAD

9. umair on June 15th, 2008 1:00 am

salaam, how r u i hope u must b finr with grace of almighty ALLAH… sir i want to know from u regarding the css examination.. wht v shud study to clear css emx? n wht r the ways to improve the writing skills, which books v shud referd for english n everyday science wht u think r the best.. plz must reply im from sukkur sindh..thnks alot.

10. noman on June 21st, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi my name is noman I am currently doing bs(economics) but I want to do css. I wanted to know that if I done css what jobs can I get and what is the chance of becoming a bueruacat(spalling mistake). Kindly give me some hints about css

11. mudassar on June 24th, 2008 4:09 pm

sir i want to ask i like to do css now i am confoused that can i prepare css in 8months and which optional subject gain more marks

12. sehrish on June 27th, 2008 11:17 am

i have done recently my M.A English,and i want to join civil sevrices,i want to give exam of css,tell me some academy to join for preparations.

13. SOBIA on July 6th, 2008 1:26 am

HI,I’M SOBIA AFRIDI FROM QUETTA I HAVE DONE MY MASTER IN BIOCHEMISTRY N I’M REALLY INTERESTED IN DOING CSS FOR THAT I’VE GONE THROUGH THE SYLLABUS AND PERVIOUS PAPERS BUT I’M CONFUSED WHAT TO READ FOR MY COMPULSORY PAPERS AS THERE R LOTS OF BOOKS AVAILABLE IN MARKET SO PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE NAMES OF SOME BOOKS AS WELL AS SOME TIPS ON HOW TO PREPARE CURRENT AFFAIRS PAPER.

14. muhammad shahbaz on July 29th, 2008 9:14 am

dear i have a problem in english essay haveu any book for english essay

15. Prepare for CSS with Dr.Farrukh-9 « Silence on August 3rd, 2008 12:09 pm

[...] My sincerest advice to you is that you should prepare for B.A. because in case of CSS all the papers are of B.A. and once you have done B.A. to its heart, you will definitely clear it. Apart from this I am impressed to know that you no only want to know about CSS so [read more] [...]

16. Saba Siddiq on September 2nd, 2008 10:47 am

Dear Mr. Farrukh

I have done my EMBA, doing job but also interested in preparing for CSS Exams.

I wanted to know that I am 27 years old and maximum age for CSS is 28 so am I legible for 2009 session?

If you could guide me about a good place from where I can prepare for CSS exams.

Regards

Saba

17. amina mahmood on September 5th, 2008 1:16 pm

hi i have done B.com i want to become a government officer so kindly provide me proper guide line and tell me about subjects i will wait for your positive respone

18. Khawaja M. Waqas on September 18th, 2008 12:29 pm

Salam!

Sir,
    I need your consultancy for the PMS exams 2008. I did my B-com in 2005 and currently i am doing my last course of MBA(Marketing). I am not completely aware with PMS examination structure. Please guide me for this regard.

19. sadaf on October 20th, 2008 8:39 pm

Hello, I am doing my masters in English and I want to start preparation for CSS but i don’t know from where and how to start. please give your valuable suggestion.
    thanks

20. murtaza on November 17th, 2008 6:58 pm

sir its well done i need of css 2009 guess paper of essay and current affairs

21. Irfan Hussain on November 21st, 2008 11:10 pm

Respected Murtaza Try this Website for Papers http://www.fpsc.gov.pk

22. aslam on December 16th, 2008 10:24 am

dear sir
    can u plz tell me the official website of kips lahore.it would be also ur generosity to tell me the way to get admission in it.well my curiosity is not over,plz tell me also how to prepare for general knowledge.
    thanks urs sincerely
    aslam jillani

23. shafiq on January 23rd, 2009 5:44 pm

i m facin prom in facing problem in english preparaton. of both papers plz send me material of solved papers and recommended books thanks

24. nashmia on February 1st, 2009 9:59 pm

salaam and greetings….
    im a postgraduate student at kinnaird and a proud daughter of a man who served a full term as a bureaucrat in punjab.if been brought up in an environment where newspapers and current affairs world view was of far greater importance than television and other time wastes.today i intend to follow the path that lead my father’s way and so ive decided to appear for CSS. my area of interest is foreign services and my only focus at this moment is to sear above my dreams. i just want know how important is the role of a good academy in this regard. if there is one in lahore that is known to facilitate CSS preperation id like to be enlighted with some details and address info. as a painter and a writer i know imagination, motivation and determination help surface the true colours of success.
    until next time ‘May Allah enlighten our lives with fulfillment’
    nashmia

25. Syed Nisar Ahmed on March 28th, 2009 10:25 am

Asalam u Alaikum dear sir,

Dear Sir i want to appear in css exam i would like to take admission in css academy preparation will u sujjest for me a good academy where i should be guide more accurately for this purpose.Any where in Pakistan i will be encouraged to go there i had chosen csstoppers academy at lahore according to you how is the result of this academy.waiting for your reply
    Thanks
    Best regards from Syed Nisar Ahmed

26. agha on April 9th, 2009 8:11 pm

dera sir ,
    i have completed my 2 year bA , so i want to know if iam eligible for css or not so kindly guide me i shall be waitting for ur reply

27. M.Anwar on April 13th, 2009 2:09 am

Dear Sir can you tell me how is CSS toppers academy.

28. hina on July 9th, 2009 12:49 pm

dear sir,
    i want to appear in css exam 2010, just completed my bba hons with marketing majors plz guide me i have no idea about choosing courses and preperation plz tell me the combination of courses with related to my background soon very f=gratful to u … thanx

29. Madiha hashmi on August 11th, 2009 9:02 pm

its really good and relaxing to have urself on this silence paltform.. its really encouring and give u alot of confidence

30. Muhammad Zaman Awan on August 12th, 2009 4:44 pm

Asalamualaikum
    Respected Sir,
    I want to request you that please tell me about age, so I am confuse that i Born 0n 31-12-1984, so which one is the last attempt & last chance for me to appear in CSS.

31. rashid hussain on November 15th, 2009 10:31 pm

sir i have selected indo-pak history is it scoring subject?

32. Dr Farrukh Malik on December 4th, 2009 2:08 pm

Dear Rashid Hussain,

Please follow the link below for knowing about my point of view on Scoring and non-scoring subjects:

33. nain on February 11th, 2010 9:12 pm

SALAM,
    which books covers the most of the syllabus of SOCIOLOGY,MUSLIM LAW………..??????????????/

34. Chutta Khan on March 8th, 2010 4:46 pm

Dear sir my name is chutta kahn and i have done post graduation in sociology with obtaining gold medal in the same subject. sir i want to appear in CSS but i need proper guide line regarding attempting papers. sir I feel myself weak at English writting although I practised many times but it is very difficult for me to extend, express and make logical ideas. sir and kindly tell me a simple method of study and collection of knowledge plese. i will be gladfull for this request.

35. Chutta Khan on March 8th, 2010 4:49 pm

one thing more, kindly select some best books which may be helpful for attempting or prepartion of css. my optional subject are Islamic Histroy, Pol: Sciene, Jounalism with Constitutional Law

36. faiza gul on March 22nd, 2010 7:18 pm

salaam dear sir …
    im faiza.. i have done my graduation.i wanna appear in css 2011. i need just encouragement . but im lil weak in english .. what i do for this? and one important question is that….how much time need for preparation for exam? plz plz lil motivate me 2..SERIOUS

37. jabran kundi on April 15th, 2010 2:56 pm

I plan to appear in CSS 2012 as my degree finishes in 2011. What do you recommend i should do during the last year of my degree which can strengthen my bases for preparation during 2011/12?

38. nasreen on April 26th, 2010 8:31 pm

39. jawairya on July 6th, 2010 12:56 pm

dear sir salam i want to give css exam plz tell me which books shouid i refers nd iam doing public administration which optional subjcts is better for me rpl me soon.
    God bless you

40. ehsan elahi zaheer on September 25th, 2010 9:01 am

dear sir i mdoing textile engineering and i want to appear in css examination and plz tell me subjects for b a also

41. rabia on October 10th, 2010 1:43 pm

a.o.a hop u will be f9. me waana know how v can prepare current affair. i hav craze 2 became csp . i hop devine must bless me . kindly send some tips on my email address .

42. zeeshan on October 11th, 2010 8:20 pm

sir,i think that no body can guide me else u?actually the prblm is,i m the sdtnt of law nd my one foot was burn in childhood then i did surgery nd now i canu run easily as a normal man so can i adpot police dept..i have craze to serve the people..bt my foot is a litle bit up then a normal

43. Khadija on October 17th, 2010 2:00 pm

AOA….sir i did my MBA in Finance…and now i want to do CSS plz guide me that which subjects are suitable for me….i havn’t any idea…and plz also guide me that how i get prepare for my css exam….thnx..t c…ALLAH HAFIZ

44. Zaheer Ahmad Khan on October 21st, 2010 1:46 pm

R/Sir,
    i want to be csp officer. i am 25 years old. i want to be ASP. for this porpuse which subject i have to select.

Thanks and warm wishes for you

45. Israr Babar on October 26th, 2010 7:05 pm

AOA sir i am doing B.COM and i am very interested to do some thing for my dear country.i discus my ame/wish with my teachers and also my friends they sajes me to do css its best whay to do some thing of my country.i lissent about css its very dificalt,but i know their is no imposible in this world.my english is not good what u sajes me.i appaier in css exam 2011.after my b.com part2 result
    plz.give me sajession

46. Shahid Ali Khan on November 5th, 2010 12:26 am

AOA, sir plz recommend some autherthic books OF GEEOGRAPHY Which cover both Paper a and b

47. shairafzal on November 21st, 2010 2:02 am

sir
    tell me from where should i purchase notes for css and if you have phone number also mention it

48. Muhammad afzal on January 17th, 2011 3:10 pm

Sir,
    BSc.Engineer can apply for css in pakistan or not?

49. Rabia Ateeq on February 10th, 2011 10:11 pm

HI i am Rabia Ateeq. I did A level in pre engineering and after that I couldn’t continue on with studies because something bad happened in my life.I want stand on my feets. I scored A grade in additional mathematics in O level and i was very good at maths and physics in Alevel as well.I am going to clear BA and then i want to give Css examination. I want to know that am i capable of doing css, will i be able to clear.I am hard working. I have a one year old son to raise alone and i can do it only after clearing css.please guide me.thanks

50. muniba on March 3rd, 2011 12:15 pm

Dear Sir, Aoa, I aspire to take CSS exams and i need your guidance for the preparation purpose. Kindly help me in choosing a good academy as I don’t kno about any best academy. It will be really kind of you.

Thanks!

Muniba

51. FAROOQ on April 7th, 2011 5:01 pm

AOA Sir,

I want to prepare for CSS. I want that you suggest me an institution for preparation of english in Lahore bcz I am a job holder.

FAROOQ

52. asad abbas on April 30th, 2011 6:00 pm

hello to all of u can any onetell me about some patent academy

53. sumeya on June 28th, 2011 8:47 pm

AOA…SIR recently i did my graduation in physical therapy from ziauddin medical university karachi…now i want to prepare myself for CSS…I have no idea about CSS ..could u please help me in choosing the optional subjects (regarding medical or allied medical sciences)..???
    THANKS

54. beenish on June 29th, 2011 12:57 pm

salam dear sir i m frob isb i want to do scc but havent idea about selection of optional subject and also want to know how i get admission form of css and plz tell me any academy in isb or in rawalpindi for css prepration plz guide me regards beenish

55. alizakirmani on July 6th, 2011 10:39 pm

i have completed my electrical engineering,,now i want to do css…am i eligible for css exams

56. Ali Akhtar on July 20th, 2011 9:21 pm

i want to clear css plz send me the rules about css.i am student of bcs. i want to know that whats r the optional subjects without maths and other types of like it. thanks

57. Khalid Khan on August 18th, 2011 9:42 am

AoA

I want to know from where i can cover complete course of Islamic History and Culture.

58. NUMAN KHALID on August 29th, 2011 10:33 am

i am doing bsc. now plzzzzz guide me for preparation of css.plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

59. asma on October 30th, 2011 9:24 pm

hi,
    sir asma from lhr, i have done llb and masters in political science,so can u plz inform me about upcoming seats in css and procedure of studying in relevnt subjects.secondly, how can we prepare in this exam? and is there any meterial releated 2 css? infct i need guidance.

60. babur ali on December 8th, 2011 7:07 pm

sir i am mechanical engineer and in private job i have no time but have passion of css what i do?i cant leave job becoz of financial crisis