Prepare for CSS Pakistan with Dr.Farrukh-5

Posted on February 28, 2008 |
Filed Under CSS Advisory, CSS Pakistan | 46 Comments

Firstly, I would like to apologize from all my readers who kept waiting for this column for sometime. The late in responding your queries was due to some reasons beyond my control. I believe that it is better late than never so here you are with my replies to your queries:

aslam alekum sir
I am doing MBA in karachi. Now i want to do CSS, my english is only good enough.So suggest me what should i do ?sir which is best book for english learning and for writing skills.plz tell me
thanks

Ghulam Qadir

Dear Ghulam Qadir,

I am glad to know that you are interested to do the CSS. About your English thing, I would suggest that you must practice writing. Get hold of note book and start recording any thing you feel worth writing, be it your daily day to day activities. It will offer you the required skills. About book for English, you ca go ahead with any good book available in market. In my case, I use to study from High School Grammar by Wren and Martin. It is a good book and you can practice with the exercises present in that book and check them with the key available in the market. I hope it will help you a good deal. I wish you all the best!

Face to Face

Image Credit: Movieweb

thanx for delievering so much pieces of information.
Actually i am an electrical engineer.i am also an aspirant for css.what kind of subject i have to choose.How it is possible for me to achieve success.
can u give me ur kind suggestions that may be helpful for my future
i am waiting ur reply.

Maria

Dear Maria,

In my point of view, the best thing you can follow is your instinct and aptitude. What I will suggest that you should have a look at the list of subjects and jot down the subject that appear interesting to you or you have some background. Having made a list of subjects, get hold of the past papers and look at them. It will give you some idea that what sort of question use to come in actual examination. Keeping in view both your interest and questions from the past paper, you can decide about the optional subjects you can opt in the examination. Once you are able to choose, come back and then we can discuss about them and I can help you out further with the preparation. I hope my small piece of advice can be of some use to you. I wish you success.

Hit the target

Image Credit: Movieweb

Sir, I want to appear in CSS, 2009 Exam and want to have your valued advice on choosing subjects. I have done Masters in International Relations, please advise accordingly.

Zameer

Dear Zameer,

In selecting optional subject, I will advice the similar thing that I happened to advice Maria. You can look at my reply just above you query in this post. Now coming to the international relations, since you have your masters in it, I would say it will make your task a bit easier. You must give a serious thought to opting International Relations in as one of the optional subjects, apart from this some other subjects like Political Science, International Law, Constitutional Law, Public Administration can be of interest to you. Give some serious consideration to them too. Come up with your combination and we can discuss it then. Have a nice time.

Use strength

Image credit: King Arthur

Sir, I’ve taken up British History, English Literature and Economics as my optional subjects. Please let me know whether these are scoring. Moreover, with just about a year remaining in the completion of my graduation i.e. BBA, should I only concentrate on my english (Chewing Up Daily Dawn)? Or should I also prepare for optional subjects? (Sure, after BBA I plan to invest at least one complete year on CSS preparation)

Massively indebted.

Asif Lashari

Dear Asif Lashari,

All three subjects that you have mentioned are good but I would say they are the one of those subject people rarely opt because of some serious difficulties in preparation. I would say, British History is relatively easier but English Literature is some thing that can take you to heaven as well as hell. I mean if you are able to win the heart of examiner you will end up with very good marks but you must consider the other side to where you can end up with a bitter reality that is failure. About Economics, if you are confident enough and have the background no harm, in fact, it can offer you a good deal of help in Essay as well as current affairs paper to. Now let me tell you rule of thumb for choosing optional subject. When some one is trying to choose optional subject, he must consider one thing that all the optional subjects should compliment each other. Let me give you an example, say for instance, if someone is taking Political Science, he must consider taking Constitutional Law too since he paper II of Political Science has the course that is related to Constitutional Law and this combination can prove very good. I hope you got my point. Now coming to second part of your query, in my point of view, once you are studying for your professional degree, it should stay as the first priority. So I would suggest you to concentrate on your BBA since one can’t be cent per cent sure about success in CSS a and once all your decisions are based on CSS, you can stuck up at some point though my sincere wishes are with you I only want to show you the other aspect. So what I would advise you is that you should concentrate on BBA and once you are done you can go for CSS. Apart from this, during your BBA keep chewing Dawn and practice writing as long as you can. This is how see things rest its all about you and you have to decide. My warm wishes are with you and hope you will stay successful. Good luck!

Fight to win

Image Credit: King Arthur

I WOULD ASK U ONE THING I DO B.A AND NOW DOING MBA MY AGE IS 20 SO IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO DOING CSS?WHT ARE PRIMARY CRITERIA FOR GETTING ADMISSSION IN CSS …..AND FROM WHERE I DO CSS DO U SUGGEST ME SOMETHING ABOUT I DO CSS OR NOT OR WHT TYPE OF STUDY IT IS PLS TELL ME THANK.

Farah Khan

Dear Farah Khan,

Thanks for writing to me. Yes you can do CSS. For your queries, you can click here for downloading the rules and syllabus for CSS. It will give you a complete picture and once you are done reading it, come back and write to me, I would love to help you out. Apart from it, you can click here for some other write ups that I have published over some time about preparation of CSS. I think they can help as well. I wish you all the best!

Give me seggession about the preparation about examination. Suggest me suitable authers for CSS.

Abida

Dear Abida,

Before suggesting you the authors, I must know, what are the optional subjects you are trying to opt? Only then I will be able to help you out. Apart from this, if you don’t have idea about the rules and syllabus, click here for downloading them. For further information about my journey you can click here. Once you are done with it, feel free to contact me and I will help you out.

Victory

Image Credit: Apocalypto

Hi Doctor Farrukh,
This is Usman, i am a student of first year. I dwell among the people of Karachi. I have an inspiration to be a Government officer. Fortunately facts went good for me and i had got to know about CSS, i started spreading my hands to get more information about CSS and to know that how to prepare one(s) self for this. Thing is that i want help from an expert who could guide me and tell me the ups and downs about the phenomena. I want to mention this thing that i had never enjoyed an excellent academic session, but teachers count me among good student. I used to secure 78 to 80 % marks in overall. I got used to read DAWN ( the newspaper) as i observed that it can help me to build my confidence in writing English as well as it can help to increase my vocabulary too. I started to read I.Q books and books on General knowledge. Reading is my habit. That is what i am.
What can you do for me? Can i expect a good future in this field?
(OH! you can pick my skills at English by reading through all of this)
Waiting for you reply……….Usman

Dear Usman,

First of all, I would say your written skills are good and with a little bit of practice and polishing, you can hit the bull’s eye. Now coming to other things you have mentioned, all you need to stay successful in this examination is your firm determination, smart and hard work. One you have them, you will definitely make it. Now coming to what I can do for you, well its is a bit tricky, see, I can not come and study at your place, you will have to do it and I can help you with choosing the right book, how to read it and what to read. This is all that I can offer so, do let me know if I can be of any assistance. I wish you success and happiness.

Focus of Target

Image Credit: The last of Samurai

Now a days my basic problem is regarding current affairs and essay writing paper
besides reading dawn daily, i try to keep myself fully aware of the current scenario of PAKISTAN as much as i can do, but even then it seems that it would be difficult to write an essay on any current topic with such a length that paper requires.
plz guide me or suggest me any book from where i can get a proper material unbiased information about such topics.
i hope u would get my problem as i know the whole thing but it is not satisfying me as the entire material is scattered.
so plz help me out
regards

Mashal

Dear Mashal,

I would say this is all you can do for these two papers; it appears initially that you can not be able to write but once you are in examination centre you will definitely make it. What I would advise you that you should start writing about important topics. I know the exams are near but you must compile the information. Now about book and etc with unbiased view, to me it is nearly impossible to get the unbiased version of anything so practically you can not do it. Apart from this, numerous books are available in market; one such book is contemporary affairs by Bhatti sons. I think it can help since you will find the required material gathered at once place. Good luck!

Salaam…
Hope u fine….Sir i want to know about an information & what procedure we have for CSS preparation. Kindly reply as soo as possible.

Regards,

Maaz Khan

Dear Maaz Khan,

For rules and Syllabus, please click here. Apart from it, if you want to have a look at my journey towards success, click here. I hope it will help you out, for further assistance, feel free to write to me.

Good Bye!

Image Credit: Flickr

Respected sir,
I complete My B.A. in 2004. I want to do CSS. what I can do about this. Advise me about the books and proper method to appear in the examination.

Saifal Rafiq

Dear Saifal Rafiq,

Thank you for writing to me. I am happy to know that you are planning to appear for CSS. First of all you need to thoroughly look at rules and syllabus for CSS, for that you can click here and download it. Once you are done with reading rules and syllabus, go ahead with choosing subjects. The next issue is deciding what to read, so after choosing optional subjects come back here and send me your query, I will try my level best to facilitate you. Good luck!

For further details regarding CSS advisory services for preparation click here and send in your queries to css[dot]coaching[at]gmail[dot]com.

If you are interested in reading more about useful tips to achieve success in entry examination for Central Superior Services of Pakistan consider subscribing to Silence feed via email or reader.

Comments

46 Responses to “Prepare for CSS Pakistan with Dr.Farrukh-5”

1. Jason Whitmen on February 28th, 2008 8:00 pm

I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

Jason Whitmen

2. musharaf subhani on February 29th, 2008 7:08 pm

sir i also want to do css plz give some advisable comments.

3. usman on March 1st, 2008 10:45 am

hello sir this is usman i have done mbbs n now want to do css plz gve me advice what sort of subjest i should select n also books which i should study actually i ahve chosen subjects but i dnt know abt their books i have selected indo pak history ,journalism,mass comunication,botany i am little bit confuse abt botany plz tell me books about reagarding subjects this is my second mail kindly reply me waiting 4 ur reply

4. tosif on March 2nd, 2008 6:28 pm

sir i am a student of b.com and i want to do css.plz give some advisible comments

5. naveed on March 3rd, 2008 11:24 am

hi sir i realy enjoye your querries.sir i want to know what type subjects give maximum marks and kindly give me the name of political science books author.one thing i wana ask u in which sector u r working.bye ALLAH BLESS U

6. naveed on March 3rd, 2008 11:29 am

AS-SALAM-O-ALAKUM SIR. I READ UR ANSWER AND ITS VERY MUCH INFLUENCIAL FOR THE YOUNGSTARS. KEEP IT UP

7. AAMER on March 3rd, 2008 7:40 pm

Aslam-o-Alaikum

Dear sir,

i have a simple Bacholer Deg(B.A).i,m 26 and want to appear in CSS Exam.i,m living in germany.how it is possible to prepare for Exams living in germany.one more question, if i will not pass this exam first time, can i do it agian.i will be 28 after 2 year.if i will appear in exams and will not pass and will be up 28 year old then can i appear also in CSS exam?????
    Please write me with details.

Aamer

8. muhammad ishaq on March 7th, 2008 6:04 pm

iam a business greduate.and i want to appear in the css exame. but mu english is very weak. i have stared to write english essay daily but my expressions,garmmer and spelling are vary weak.so dear sir what you would suggest for me to over come on thes difficulties. please consider my request

9. Bilal Ahmed on March 19th, 2008 7:30 pm

Sir i m very gald to see ur advises . Allah app ko iss ka ajar day

10. malik mohsin on April 2nd, 2008 9:00 pm

respected sir,
    i m in comsats university and i read tele communication and i like police department. and i want in future i m a good police officer

11. shumila on May 2nd, 2008 9:38 pm

I also found of to do css but i can’t say that my english is good,but i realy hard work and want atleast as much knowledge as a person could get after completion of css. i like to read other wishes on this block it must be continue.

12. Syed Ismail Kazmi on May 23rd, 2008 9:19 am

A.A. Sir,

I passed M.A. Political Sc. in 2006 and am working as Personal Assistant to Chairman in Punjab University. Do i want to ask about the estimate period for preparation of CSS and how much time is required on the basis of daily self-studies? I m in doldrums due to the dearth of time to prepare myself for CSS doing job. Can u suggest me about it? Waiting your answer.

With Best Regards
    Syed Ismail Kazmi
    Punjab University

13. Riaz on May 27th, 2008 3:48 pm

Dear doctor,
    im a civil engineer,n im preparing for css u can say im in starting phase, all i need is proper guidance.
    so i have heard tht u r a csp n u r offering ur services in this field, plz tell me what is ur fees package n upto what extent u’ll guide me.

Thx

14. Shumaila on June 9th, 2008 3:22 pm

Sir, I am thinking of taking Indo-Pak History,I.R,Sociology,Journalism,Public Administration as my optional subjects. Please let me know whether these are scoring. Moreover, I have Done MAster in MAthematics for this should i take this subjects or can you please suggest me any teacher in Karachi if you know

please Kindly Reply

Your’s Sincerely
    Shumaila

15. M. Aurangzaib on June 27th, 2008 11:01 am

Salaam…
    I consider Dr. Farrukh an asset for Pakistan. The only thing, according to me, that the people of Pakistan lack is proper guidance and when we have people like Dr. Farruk, deficiencies would vanish… With best wishes…

16. Faisal Nalera on August 15th, 2008 5:12 pm

According to my opinion Dr.Farrukh is blessing of Allah for disappoint persons.

17. Ejaz Uddin on August 25th, 2008 4:05 pm

Respected Sir,

I am really impressed by this valuable and fruitful site.

I am BBA student and intended to appear in CSS. Could you guide me in this regard, whether I am eligible or not?

Your valuable advise will indeed be a beacon for my future.

Sincerely,
    Ejazuddin

18. wasil from Lahore on August 26th, 2008 4:14 pm

Sir, i want to take advantage from your experience as i read all of your history of CSS.I am interested in CSS for 2009 ,so i searched and got your blog.
    Advise me for better study.Any address or phone no.
    I did B.A 2008 fresh.

From:
    WASIL MEHMOOD.
    AGE:23

SIR I NEED HELP SERIOUSLY.

19. lubna mir on September 15th, 2008 9:17 am

salam.
    sir i am doing software engineering and currently i am in my final year after accomplishing this degree i wanna go for CSS, but recently i heard by sm1 dt givt has made thi srestriction that engineers can not do CSS as they have already selectd a field.
    SO PLZ U TELL ME THAT IS IT REALLY SO THT ENGG. CAN NOT DO CSS OR WHAT?/
    REGARDS
    LUBNA MIR

20. Ghulam Mustafa Rajput on October 24th, 2008 2:38 pm

Dear sir,
    I am Law graduate and desire to do something with css exam.Iam 36 years old.
    Pz inform me what todo more,and is it possible.
    Thanks in advance.
    GM

21. aabgina on November 17th, 2008 10:24 pm

respected and honourable sir,i have done my inter with science.i want to do css.i dont know the abc of css.please guide me,what should i do?

22. javed abbasi on December 18th, 2008 8:27 pm

salamz sir,
    my name is javed abbasi and i am from rawalpindi
    sir would u please guide me,i have done BBA last year,i am willing 2 to do CSS so tell me when the next exam is going 2 held. how can i participate in it. also guide me in choice of subjects,any institution u would suggest will be preferred.
    thanks for your guidance.stay blessed ALLAH HAFIZ

23. muhammad riaz on December 24th, 2008 2:34 pm

salam sir,
    i feel very prod to write an honorable pesonality.sir i have mcom degree and i want to go for css what subject i shall take as optional.
    regards.

24. akhter ali junejo on March 26th, 2009 4:07 pm

i m very thankful to Mr. Farrukh and dear sir i want guidelines about english essays writting in css. and will u share me some essays topics or essays material of current issues in pakistan regarding every aspect. thanx sir a lot i will wait for ur kind reply. I m a software engineer recently passed out from mehran university of engineering and technology jamshoro sindh. thanx
    and plz sir give the guidance for selecting what kind of optional subjects i should select.

25. Huda on May 3rd, 2009 11:50 am

i hope this msg of mine finds u well. My name is huda and these days i am wating for my matric result it is my passion to become CSP officer plz guide me sir which types of books i have to read in my vacations so that i will face no problem when i appear in CSS exams do guide me so that i would become a skillful human resourse of PAKISTAN

26. M.A on May 6th, 2009 1:54 pm

AOA Mr Farrukh.I did my MBA last year and am currently working.Im torn between choosing the subjects for CSS.My academy instructor is convincing me to take some subjects which i have heard are very lengthy like british history ,geography,international law and business administration.The more advices i seek regarding which subjects to choose, the more confused i get.Please advice me what combination do you think is best for me?ANd how should i go about studying for this program since im completely oblivious about the current scenerios.I am trying to make it a habit that i read through the news paper daily but still im beginning to get the creeps regarding how i would pass these exams.Hoping to seek your suggestion soon.Thank you

27. saif on June 17th, 2009 4:50 pm

sir i m B-com student and i want am understand what can i join in next year plz tell about ccs officer and also Mcat

28. memoona on July 3rd, 2009 12:27 pm

i want to do css. bt i hav no idea about it. i hav done masters in economics from iub. in 2008

29. Mohan Lal on July 28th, 2009 9:18 pm

RESPECTED SIR,
    I WANT TO DO CSS BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.I AM M.A (ENGLISH)

30. Mohan Dass on July 28th, 2009 9:23 pm

RESPECTED SIR,
    I WANT TO DO CSS BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.I AM M.A (ENGLISH)
    IF YOU WILL GUIDE ME I WILL EVER REMAIN GRATEFULL &THANKFULL TO YOU.
    THANKS

31. Muhammad Haris (Tiger) on August 9th, 2009 5:13 pm

Sir being a commerce student which subjects should i select

32. maryam on August 13th, 2009 2:33 am

ASALAM O ALEKUM SIR.
    i want do css but i hv no idea about it.plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.i hv done B.A my opt subjects.
    economics
    psychology
    islamic history
    plz give m the ans on my email adress i will wait for ur rply….ALLAH HAFIZ

33. saima on August 14th, 2009 2:49 am

M MSC N MY MASTERS DEGREE BASED ON ANIMAIL SCIENCES PLZ ADVICE ME 4 THE RITTE CHOICE PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ SIR REPLY SOON ON MY MAILING ADDRESS I,LL SO GR8FUL 2 U

34. m kaleem on September 12th, 2009 1:24 pm

dear sir
    i want to do css and join police depatment i am doing my master in mangament science(mba).i want to spend one year for preparation of css exam.
    please give me some comment on my mail adress
    thanks

35. Dr Farrukh Malik on September 12th, 2009 11:05 pm

Dear Kaleem,

It is a bit difficult to respond everyone on his/her mailing address personally. I hope you understand my limitations. About your query, I recommend you to Join our Forum at the link below:

36. amin ullah on September 18th, 2009 11:51 pm

aslam u alaikum
    hope so you are fine. im preparing pakistan affairs now a days, i,ve studied Towards Pakistan by Waheed, Muslim political movement by Jamil uddin ahmed and an e.book by dr hassan askari. could you please tell me is this enough??
    and kindly tell me any sufficient book of Pakistan affairs after partirion to date except “pakistan a study of political development”by hafiz

37. Dr Farrukh Malik on September 27th, 2009 10:36 pm

Dear Aminullah,

I recommend you to Join our Forum at the link below:

38. Muhammad Hanif Soomro on December 20th, 2009 8:45 pm

Dear Sir / Madam

I am Muhammad Hanif Soomro from Sindh Larkana, I have done MA in Sociology so now i want to do prepartion of CSS so please tell me on my email address that how much requirement of it and my age is 23 completed on 5th december 2009 so plz plz help me as a humanity. I hope that u will reply me on my mail.

39. FAIZA RANA on December 23rd, 2009 11:42 am

HELLO SIR!
    I AM IN KARACHI N WANT TO TAKE CSS EXAMS WHAT SHOULD I DO/MY ENGLISH COMPREHENSION IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.MY D.O.B IS 21..983 HOW MANY TIMES I CAN APPEAR IN THIS EXAM.THKS

40. rabia on February 17th, 2010 4:40 pm

sir i want to do css.iv completed my masters in maths…plz let me know the basics,i mean wat should b my opt subjects..

41. faisal on October 9th, 2010 3:38 am

Dear Sir,
    may ne B.A 2009 may pass kia hai in subjects k sath ( I.R , I history, socialogy) ab may M.a karna chahta hoo. Sir muje koi aysa subject batay jo abroad countries ki immigiration may kam aa sake

42. ahmed on October 13th, 2010 1:16 pm

a.o.a sir i want know that i should do bsc economis or law for css exam.which on is the better choice.plz rply me soon as early as possible
    thanks

43. ALLAHWARAYO PANHWAR on December 6th, 2010 1:04 pm

I have read out all the querries and suggestion of aspirants of css.I need a coherent suggestion regarding my optional subjects. I have made my mintd to select PHYSICS,SOCIOLOGY,GENERNALISIM,PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION and SINDHI as my optional subjects.I am an electrical engineer.Am i right to have these optional subjects?

44. gea on March 3rd, 2011 12:21 pm

AoA Sir!

I want to know that if a person having a 3rd degree in bachelors and 2nd or 1st degree in masters, then could he/she be appear in css examination?
    Kindly tell me if one have a 3rd degree in bachelors then what should he/she do to be appear in css? Whether 2nd division in bachelors is must or he/she can apply on the basis of masters degree?
    Please reply
    Thanks.

45. Masroor Ali on July 10th, 2011 10:18 pm

aslam alekum sir

I have passed MA (English) from SALU, Khairpur Sindh, Now i want to do CSS, my english is only good enough.So suggest me what should i do? sir which is best book for english learning and for writing skills.plz tell me
    thanks

Masroor Ali Lashari

46. Salman Ahmed Khattak on February 1st, 2013 2:09 pm

Salaam Sir..Hope you will be fine with safe and sound health and will be enjoying life with flying colours.I know good about english and ot’s linguistics , i have a strong grip on english , apart from that i am reading novels , upto now i have read more than 5oo novels , Now sir i want to know what are the key points by which i could qualify for CSS.My aim is to that i would be in P.A.S formerly known as DMG GROUPS…Suggest me that , i’ll be really thankfull to you for this act of kindness.